26.6.10

Summer lovelies


Man I love summer. I even love the heat. I love it.
I love going outside at 9 o'clock at night and it still being super warm.
I have no idea when this happened to me. I am Canadian for goodness sakes.
I haven't seen snow in over 12 years. I don't miss it. I miss it the week before xmas.
Then.  I get over it...like really fast.  Sure it was 114 degrees here friday. I didn't care.
I was floating in the pool eating a sugar free creamsicle.  How bad could that be?
I am not a complainer. I don't like to complain. I am not a person that sees something and thinks, "how can I make this better"...thus the reason why I am not a multi gazillionaire who invented space bags...or the diaper genie...or...a spork.  I really am quite content with things.  This backfires on me...alot.
It means I am not a go getter.  I am not an explorere.
Whatever.  I am a doer.  A very hard worker...and I am tee-red. 
Tired man.  I was shipping last night at 11 and I thought.  Holy crapoly...I have been working continuously (with the exception of my pool float/creamsicle between 2-4) since 6am (noone sleeps past 6 in my house...it sucks). I do this everyday.  I am looking forward to my break.
I am looking forward to the 24 hour drive to Canada. I have no excuse but to sit and well sit (I don't drive...any of it...I am a hazard on the highway...highways make me sleepy...even if I am driving...so I don't).  I am EXTRA excited because we are not taking our dogs.  Don't get me wrong.  You know I adore my dogs...I will miss my George so so much.  But driving in a car...and then having him sleep 120 lbs of him sleeping on my legs in my tiny little room that I grew up in at mom and dad's house.  Nope.  Won't miss that.  Sorry George.  I hope you will forgive me. 

So. For my trip...I need to load up the ipod with movies.  Keep in mind, I have seen pretty much nothing over the past year.  Last summer I watched 27 dresses (cute) and Marley and me (omg...bawling in the car).  So please...tell me what to download.

I do have two books all lined up.
Deep deep reads;) But...looking forward to them.
Have I shared with you my love for Tori Spelling. I find her adorable.
And I would like to own (of course...I would need larger sizes) everything in her closet.
The girl has good taste in clothes I tell ya.

Plus...I will have my bag of crafts to do...and I am all set:)

Ok.  Just got a phone call in the middle of this post and I totally forgot about what else I was going to write about.  Nice.  

Until I remember...I guess I will leave you with a couple pictures of me from last weekend.
Some of my finest work I think.
We went to Slide Rock Park in Sedona.  It is basically a natural water slide.
A flippin freezing natural water slide.

Honestly...the water was about 50 degrees.
But the kids wanted to go in.  So they did.

I was there for photo taking only.
Until...

Yup.  That's me.  And right there...is really deep water.  
I went down.  Those rocks are like walking on ice. 
I was laughing so hard, I think people watching were afraid to laugh because they thought I was crying.  Omg.  It was funny.

Sometimes ya just gotta laugh.  I did.

Ok.  Until I remember what else I was going to post...I am done.
Got my hair done today...for the first time in over 4 months...and although it was done in record timing (1 hour 30 minutes) I always have a screaming headache after sitting there.  I get ansy.  My blackberry is flashing like a beacon and it calls to me...and yet...I am stuck there wrapped in foil. 
I hate getting my hair done.  

I will be back tomorrow.  I promise:)

1 comment:

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I got both of those books for my birthday (but haven't started either...oops) I love Tori Spelling - and speaking of birthdays, we have the same one. Have fun in Canada!!