A few years ago a very good friend of mine made this soup for me.
It is beyond delish.
I then lost the recipe for a couple of years...but found it again yesterday when I was going through an old stack of papers.
If you like soup...you will love this.
If you like Cilantro...you will REALLY love this. Trust me.
Cream of Cilantro soup
- 1bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 (32 oz) container swansons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 oz) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (8oz) container light sour cream
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- cilantro for garnish
- remove stems from cilantro and chop chop leaves
- in a blender...blend 1 cup of broth with the bunch of cilantro
- in a pot, melt butter over medium heat
- wisk in flour
- add remaining chicken broth
- mix until smooth
- boil for 1 minute
- stir in cilantro mixture from blender
- add cream cheese, sour cream and the rest of the dry ingredients
- wisk until not lumpy
- simmer 15 minutes
- look like a hero!
mmm...I love it so much...I need to make another pot. Mine is already gone.
So basically I just ate a stick of cream cheese and a container of sour cream in 24 hours.
Oh and the bread. Oops.