15.6.10

mmm...soup

A few years ago a very good friend of mine made this soup for me.
It is beyond delish.
I then lost the recipe for a couple of years...but found it again yesterday when I was going through an old stack of papers.
If you like soup...you will love this.
If you like Cilantro...you will REALLY love this.  Trust me. 


Cream of Cilantro soup

  • 1bunch fresh cilantro
  • 1 (32 oz) container swansons chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 (8 oz) package fat-free cream cheese
  • 1 (8oz) container light sour cream
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • cilantro for garnish

directions
  • remove stems from cilantro and chop chop leaves
  • in a blender...blend 1 cup of broth with the bunch of cilantro
  • in a pot, melt butter over medium heat
  • wisk in flour
  • add remaining chicken broth
  • mix until smooth
  • boil for 1 minute
  • stir in cilantro mixture from blender
  • add cream cheese, sour cream and the rest of the dry ingredients
  • wisk until not lumpy
  • simmer 15 minutes
  • look like a hero!

mmm...I love it so much...I need to make another pot.  Mine is already gone.
So basically I just ate a stick of cream cheese and a container of sour cream in 24 hours.
Yay me.
Oh and the bread.  Oops.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds wonderful! think I'll try it....smiles

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Ooh - sounds yummy! I'll have to try that. My cilantro plan is doing well this year....love me some cilantro!

emily gorrell said...

we made this tonight and it was a big hit, so yummy! thanks for sharing!