14.12.08

Place your orders before Feb 10th...omg...

Ok...well I am at a loss for words at the moment. I was just clued into the new CPSIA guidelines that will come into effect starting Feb 10th 2009 and well...I have no idea what I am going to do. But at the moment running to the bathroom and shoving my head in the toilet sounds like a start. Needless to say the jist of it all is that Congress has passed a new law that makes every single person/manufacturer big or small...responsible for testing for lead and phthalates in items for children aged 12 and younger. This is every single item. Anything that you may purchase on etsy..http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif.or ebay...or Target...or sniff sniff...paperlili. Everything. To test these items you must test each size, color...thread...button...every single part of it and each test runs from $150 to $3000 (the toys are $3000)...so every crafter that was trying to make some money while doing what they truly loved to do...they no longer will be able to afford to do that. Done. Me...done. I just cannot imagine how Congress could pass this law right now...when people are losing jobs left and right and people such as myself who have invested soooo much time and money into starting their own business...oh...I can't speak anymore. I can't even think right now.

Ok...so...the online world is buzzing with all of this. Here are a couple things you can do very very quickly to attempt to help. But starting Feb 10th...children's shopping will take a drastic turn I think.

So please...contact your congress man or woman with this link...


or read more about it here...
http://nationalbankruptcyday.com

2 comments:

Brandie said...

This whole thing is such a mess! My heart goes out to you right now. I have been researching, planning, promoting and working on my own children's clothing line for the past year and was soo excited to be getting ready to launch with my Spring & summer '09 collections. My heart was absolutely broken when I heard this news several weeks ago. This has been my dream for so laaong and it is hard to think that after all of the planning and excitement and constant new ideas, I might have to stop before I even really get started. Now I'm not sure what to do. I had planned on getting the work started on my website soon and have an online boutique interested in carrying my line. This is just devestating! I have spoken to 3 different congressmen who had no idea what I was talking about. How scary is that? They don't even know what they are signing! I have written letters and am hoping that we are all able to cause a change in this legislation. Good luck to you, your products are fantastic! Here's hoping that we get a miracle:)

Betsy King said...

WHAT? I leave for a week and THIS happens? Good gracious, I'm so sorry! I need to get caught up. Love and peace to you!!!!