21.1.11

Hmmm...maybe I went too far this time

With my nail fetish that is.
It all started with an ad.
An ad on tuesday.  Ainsley brought it to me.
It was an ad with a whole bunch o sparkly nails.
It was love at first site.  
I figured it was something that was not going to be available until spring or so.
Much to my surprise, a quick trip to the grocery store and...heaven.
So I tried them.  And my nails are a little insane now.
But...they work.  It feels like polish.
Looks like I spend too much time on my nails, which is really funny because they were 
probably quicker than putting on regular polish and letting them dry.
Go figure.
and here is the result...again...excuse my old wrinkled hands.
I moisturize, I promise I do.
Kinda fun huh.  For a 13 year old!
Which is basically how I feel anyways so whatever.  
The package contains 16 nails.  2 sets of 8.
But my fingers are so small that I actually only used 5 strips for all 10 of my fingers.
I kinda wanna try them on my toes.  Not sure if they would work.


Ok.  Enough about nails.
So our bbq that I mentioned a couple weeks ago was finished.
It looks lovely.

The tile I love.  I need more of it!  MORE OF IT!
I bought some of them at Anthropologie and they are awesome.




Now I don't hate my backyard.  Yay!
Tonight we bbq'd this thing (sorry if you are veggitarian and this grosses you out)

Uh ya.  That was a 16 lb prime rib that my mom bought for some company and they never got around to cooking it...so it came here tonight to christen the bbq.
I will be eating prime rib all week.
Which is actually fine since I have been doing this for the past 2 1/2 weeks...and all I have is a bigger 
a**.  No joke. I swear to you I could be a body builder if I wanted to.
Which I don't.  But building muscle has never been a problem.
The problem is that I would prefer to be a lean mean machine.
Not in my cards I don't think.
I do have the start of the return of my 6 pack.
I enjoy me some ab workouts I tell you...but that is only because I have always had a flat tummy,
no idea why...maybe because the flab always just goes to my butt and thighs.
But tummy issues have never been a problem.
HOWEVER!  Clearly I am willing to work this program and it is not helping me yet!

So next week...it is a carb free week and we will see if that helps with my hour long sweatfest (which I kinda hate actually).  I think the love will come when I see improvements and not just tighter seven's.

I do need a new pair of sneakers though.
My nikes are rather worn and my feet hurt.
So if you have any good advice in the sneaker department...please leave a comment.


So what else was new this week.
Well.  The big chick was Pocahonatas for her Family Social Studies night.
She had to dress as a historical figure.
So I made her discover that Pocahontas was more than a Disney character:)

Nice boots huh.
Did Pocahontas wear Uggs?


So I had some new tees this week in the shop.
and for the boys
Kinda like 3D huh.

Then we have tees for all sorts of party themes:)
Oh...how about leggings with rainbow outline?
Or.  
Peace...love...des moines?? lol
See all you gotta do is ask and it can be done.
Other fun stuff this week from some of my favorite photographers.
Mika Beth.
Who doesn't heart Mika Beth?
Sophie wearing this tee.
Headband by Gracylu of course.

Another favorite photog of mine.
Kate.  She and Izzy always rock it.
So it is fun to see their take on the Valentine's bling.

Don't you wish you had just an ounce of the talent these ladies have?
Well I bet some of you do actually. 
But I wish I did.

Alright it has taken me so long to write this post.
I am all over the map.
I am yawning so much that I can't see straight.
If you are on facebook, I know, I promise to list some super sweet clips tonight.
Sorry.  Too tired.  But I will list them tomorrow...along with 4 or 5 new tees.




3 comments:

Happy Mami said...

Never too far. Isabella loves the nail stuff, she thinks we should go out in this snowstorm to get them.
Love love love the backyard!!! It is gorgeous!!!
And can't wait to see your new stuff, I have been so good.
Thanks for sharing.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Oh my gosh - I need those nail things! Like, need to buy them yesterday! Honestly - how hard were they to do yourself??

And your backyard is amazing! Wowza!!

KimD said...

Totally ran out to buy the nail stuff. My toes are so happy and flowery:) Thanks for sharing another great find. Glad you are here to keep this Southern girl hip:)