8.11.09

Hey...I came up with a recipe myself...for once:)

Ok.  Well you cannot actually concider it a recipe.  Or maybe you can.  Since when are there ingredient restrictions on what constitute a recipe?  Ha.  Basically what I am trying to say is that I came up with my own dessert.  And beyond being delicious and a huge hit.  It was so super cute that I just have to once again pat myself on the back.  PLUS...my kids could help make it...and I mean...they basically did the entire thing without me saying..."ewww...ya ok let me help you with that."

Yes.  I know.  Two posts ago I was spouting off about my diet.  Well guess what.  I have not totally fallen off the wagon.  Just momentarily because my parents came back into town and they came over for dinner tonight.  I cannot very well serve them a piece of cheese and 2 slices of deli turkey can I?

So this is what the girls and I came up with.  We used the adorable mason jars that we have left over from...yup you guessed it...our cupcakes in a jar from Bangarang Bake Shop.  In case you think I am under contract or something to keep talking about these things. I am soooo not.  Wouldn't know the cupcake chick to walk into her at the grocery store.  I just like her 'cakes.  AND her jars came in super handy tonight.  So here is what we did.


1. Whip up some fresh whipped cream.  No cool whip...no ready made...FRESH

2. Buy some fun thin cookie wafers.  Any kind will work really.  Yes I know.  Usually ice box cakes are made with chocolate wafers, but hubby could not find any at the store so we got chocolate chip/vanilla...mmmm (hungry yet?)

3. start layering.  Cookie.  Whip.  Cookie.  Whip.  See how easy for kids.  They think they are actually making something.  And they are.

4. Top it off with one more dollup of cream. Sprinkle a lil sumpthin sumpthin on top

5. put it back in the fridge for a couple hours to soften up the cookies and...

voila.  The cookies soften to the perfect texture.  So good.  Sooo fattening.  A hit.


ok.  So before you email me telling me I am no genius...and clearly everyone knows how to make an ice box cake...save it...I am fully aware of that...BUT...not everyone has made an icebox chocolate chip in a jar cake so there:)


1 comment:

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I've never even heard of an icebox cake - sounds yummy!